Sunday 21 October 2012

Oh Miranda, Such Fun!!

So Miranda Hart was doing a book-signing today at Waterstones in the Trafford Centre and I seen as she's incredibly funny and my husband and I can't wait for the next series to start, I decided to make her a fabulous cake to take along for her to enjoy.

I thought of a cake that I reckoned she would love and got to work, it looked (and smelled) amazing and off we set Trafford Centre bound.

All was going to plan until we got near Waterstones and saw a HUGE crowd outside and were told that no more people were allowed in (even in to the shop!!).















After I stopped sulking about not getting to meet such a funny lady who has made me laugh out loud on many an occasion, I decided that the only thing to do was to bestow my lovely creation on a Waterstones employee who was trying to manage an ever increasing crowd outside (none of whom were going to get in I may add) asking them to pass the cake onto Miranda before she left.

So, hopefully, and fingers crossed, Miranda did receive her cake and is gleefully picking off chocolate dipped marshmallows off the top to reveal a delicious chocolate cake sandwiched with chocolate buttercream and covered in belgian dark chocolate and creamy white chocolate.



I love this cake and hope to make many of them for people in the future, it's a fantastic cake for a birthday or other celebration, and costs £40 (serves 10 people or 1 hungry chocolate addict!).

No comments:

Post a Comment