Saturday 2 March 2013

Chocolate Birthday Cake



 
 
Today I delivered a birthday cake for the lovely Ella who is turning 9, her Mum told me she's a complete chocoholic and wanted a white chocolate cake with LOTS of chocolate on it!
 
So we decided on a main cake which was four layers of white chocolate mud cake, sandwiched with white chocolate ganache buttercream and then covered in layers of white chocolate and drizzled with 70% dark chocolate.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made some beautiful roses from modelling chocolate and then moulded a number nine and Ella's name which were then sprinkled with edible glitter.
 
For the top of the cake, I stacked pink marshmallows with a selection of minstrels and maltesers!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 To accompany the main cake, I made 6 lemon cupcakes topped with a swirl of white chocolate ganache buttercream and 6 chocolate cupcakes topped with a swirl of dark chocolate ganache buttercream.

These were then topped with more handmade roses, minstrels and maltesers.

 
 
 
 

 
 I'm really pleased with how this cake turned out, I particularly love the cupcakes, the mini roses look so pretty, they'd be perfect for a wedding on a huge cupcake tower!
 
Happy 9th Birthday Ella, hope you enjoy all the chocolatey goodness!!






No comments:

Post a Comment