Monday 11 March 2013

My Award Winning Cake!






This weekend was Cake International's first visit to Manchester so I decided to enter my first ever Cake Decorating competition. I entered three competition classes and dropped them off early Friday morning at Event City. The standard of cakes being delivered was amazing and some of the designs incredible, particularly in the Novelty Cakes.











As I went round the exhibition itself (spending a small fortune on cake decorating supplies including my fabulous new DinkyDoodle Airbrush kit) I saw the judges going round the competition area, scrupulously inspecting and scoring each cake so I really didn't expect to get awarded with anything.

Imagine my shock and delight on Saturday afternoon when I found out that two of my three cake entries had won awards, one a Silver award and one a Merit.









My Silver Award was for this gorgeous celebration cake, decorated with edible silver leaf, a pretty blush pink lace border and a wonderfully huge blush pink rose, which apparently had lovely movement!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment