Saturday 16 November 2013

Disney Planes 3rd Birthday Cake!








Today's cake was for a gorgeous little boy who is turning 3, I've made his Christening Cake (Hungry Caterpillar), 1st Birthday Cake (Chuggington) and his 2nd Birthday Cake (Finding Nemo) but this year Oliver is completely in love with Disney Planes!















I was reliably informed by Oliver's Mum that his favourite characters were Ripslinger and Dusty so I set about coming up with a two-tiered design suitable for a fantastic kids party!












I covered both tiers in white sugarpaste then set about with the airbrush to get  a lovely bold blue and a cheerful bright yellow before beginning to decorate.











Aside from a handmade Dusty & Ripslinger I also added a name plate on the front of the cake in the style of the Disney Planes logo and a row of white billowy clouds round the top of the cake.

 
 
 
 




It was certainly a colourful cake with some really cute characters, I love making kids cakes, you can really go to town on them and this one was definitely eye-catching!

No comments:

Post a Comment