Saturday 16 November 2013

Pretty Flowers & Lace 70th Birthday Cake






About a month ago I was asked to create a pretty birthday cake for someone's Mum's 70th Birthday.















I hate seeing boring and old fashioned birthday cakes for people's parents & grandparents so wanted to make something that was gorgeous and stylish and would still appeal to younger people.











I decided to combine a pretty lace effect, pearls and a selection of pastel coloured flowers.

A lace mould was used to create the decorative banner round the side of the cake, I then inset blush pink pearls into the detail of the lace to add an extra dimension.












I made a selection of pastel pink, peach, lilac and purple flowers and added ivory pearl centres and positioned them round the top edge of the cake before adding some large ivory pearls randomly placed inbetween.

Finally, I used large ivory coloured pearls to create a number 70 on top of the cake.

The lady who ordered this cake was so pleased with it, her colleague immediately ordered the same design for her Gran's birthday up in Newcastle a few weeks later!




No comments:

Post a Comment