Saturday 16 November 2013

Ruby Wedding Anniversary Party Cake




A couple of weeks ago we went down to my in-laws in Suffolk as they had arranged a Ruby Doo to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary!













As keen Cross Country Skiers and the proud owners of a new and very luxurious camper van for them to enjoy their retirement touring round Europe, I wanted to incorporate both of these elements into the cake design.
















I made a sugar model of Chris & Marilyn all kitted out in ski-wear including skis, poles, woolly hats and hip flask for the regular port stops!


















The mountain back-drop was a 4" cake topped with rice-krispy-treats moulded into 3 peaks. I used sugar crystals on top of the mountain to create a snowy, icy effect.

















Throughout their 40 year marriage Chris & Marilyn have lived in Leeds, Worcester and now Lidgate in Suffolk so I made a wooden signpost with hand painted lettering on, took me a few attempts with shaky hands but I got there in the end!






No comments:

Post a Comment